Thursday, September 25, 2008

A BOLD new world or just another Blog?

Well, This is my first step into blogging. Shucks, no cymbals or drum roll... oh well.

About me... 41yrs old, but look 36 5'10" Brown hair and Blue Eyes and athletic. I race bicycles, yes like Lance, but nowhere nearly as well. I'm really excited to hear he's coming back to the sport. His main objective is to bring Cancer awareness to every continent and country he races in, starting with Australia at the end of January at the Tour Down Under.

I'm very happily married to Debbi, also very proud and happy to be the father of two daughters - Taylor, 14 and Meghan, 9. Diehard Christian doing my best to live the example and not thumb my nose those who are not. ( I got enough to worry about without judging someone else.)

As a cyclist, I get tested because motorists seem to throw every arrow in their quiver at us with road rage and outright hostility. Getting tapped by side mirrors of passing cars, hurled insults, even beer bottles and trash thrown at me. The other day a little old lady yelled at me, saying I needed to go the speed limit if I was going to be on the road. I was cruising at 27mph and the speed limit was 25mph. Incidently, she was doing at least 35mph before I coasted up to her at the stop light. When she had delivered some more choice words for me at the light, I gently reminded her of the speed limit and the fact that bikes have a legal right to the road. I tried not to laugh when she gave me the bird and squealed her tires when the light changed. Too funny!

Well, I had better save something for the next entry.

Ciao!

Darrin

No comments: